VIZIO XVT3D424SV 42-Inch Full HD 3D Edge Lit Razor LED with Smart Dimming LCD HDTV 480 Hz Features
- Full HD 3D immerses you in the action with high-definition 3D by VIZIO
- Edge lit Razor LED backlighting with Smart Dimming (16 zones)
- VIZIO Internet Apps with built-in dual-band 802.11n WiFi
- 480 Hz SPS
- 1 million to 1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
VIZIO XVT3D424SV 42-Inch Full HD 3D Edge Lit Razor LED with Smart Dimming LCD HDTV 480 Hz Review
Have had the Visio XVT3D42SV TV a little over a month and have had zero problems. The 42" TV was the largest that would fit in the wall cut-out in my den--otherwise, I would have bought the 55" version. The setup instructions were clear and easy to follow. Connected to the internet via wireless and to my netflix account with no problems. Color and sharpness are excellent. As one reviewer noted, however, you need to turn off the feature that automatically adjusts the picture for ambient light--picture too dark until I turned off that feature (in "TV Settings"). Have not used the 3D feature so cannot comment on that.
My one negative is the sound, just barely adequate. However, last weekend I bought the VIZIO VHT510 5.1 Surround Sound Home Theater with Wireless Subwoofer ($300). What an amazing difference in sound quality--but the soundbar setup instructions are poor (unlike the TV instructions). My sound bar sits in front of the TV and connects wirelessly to the subwoofer which is behind the listening area (in a corner--recommended). Two additional speakers connect via wires to the subwoofer. Works perfectly for my room arrangement. Reviewers have noted some issues with the soundbar (related only to LED malfunctions) but so far I have seen none of them. I sometimes have a problem separating dialog from the background music, traffic, explosions, etc. The soundbar solved that problem. I hear dialog much better now. And the bass can vibrate the room furniture.
The two Visio products produce a very nice listening and viewing experience.
My one negative is the sound, just barely adequate. However, last weekend I bought the VIZIO VHT510 5.1 Surround Sound Home Theater with Wireless Subwoofer ($300). What an amazing difference in sound quality--but the soundbar setup instructions are poor (unlike the TV instructions). My sound bar sits in front of the TV and connects wirelessly to the subwoofer which is behind the listening area (in a corner--recommended). Two additional speakers connect via wires to the subwoofer. Works perfectly for my room arrangement. Reviewers have noted some issues with the soundbar (related only to LED malfunctions) but so far I have seen none of them. I sometimes have a problem separating dialog from the background music, traffic, explosions, etc. The soundbar solved that problem. I hear dialog much better now. And the bass can vibrate the room furniture.
The two Visio products produce a very nice listening and viewing experience.
Check Prices & Learn more for
VIZIO XVT3D424SV 42-Inch Full HD 3D Edge Lit Razor LED with Smart Dimming LCD HDTV 480 Hz
*** Product Information and Review : Sep 23, 2011