Sony BRAVIA EX523 Series KDL46EX523 46 Inch 1080p LED HDTV with Integrated WiFi Features
- 46-inch display with full HD (1080p) picture quality (1920 x 1080 native panel resolution)
- LED backlighting for incredible contrast, slim design, and energy efficiency
- Sony's X-Reality Engine sharpens images for a clear, vivid, life-like picture
- Wireless Internet TV for wide variety of streaming media and other Internet content
- Eco-friendly features including power-saving motion sensors
Sony BRAVIA EX523 Series KDL46EX523 46 Inch 1080p LED HDTV with Integrated WiFi Review
I bought this 46" Sony to replace a 26" that died in the recent hurricane. I decided that a serious upgrade in size was needed and I was very attracted to the on-board Internet connection and built-in wifi. I was not only not disappointed, I have been thrilled to pieces (with just one minor glitch that I'm sure will be resolved). Set up was extremely easy. I purchased the Sony Home Theater Sony HT-CT150 3D Sound Bar System to enhance the sound quality and the two products sync together. The TV and all components (cable box, DVD, and even my iPod) connect through the subwoofer, which serves as a switching box, so there is only a single cable going into the TV. With Bravia Sync you can control the sound system with the TV remote. I still have to switch channels when watching through cable with the cable remote.
The HD picture is nothing short of astounding. Really beautiful, sharp, clear, vibrant. Watching nature shows and movies on this set is a revelation. Movies look fabulous, and in my apartment-sized living room, the size of the screen makes you feel like you're in a screening room. I will have very little need to ever pay movie theater ticket prices again.
The one glitch so far is that I can't seem to get the streaming services (Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon) to play through the sound system. I suspect that I will need to get on line with Sony customer service to fix this. Also, one of my HDMI ports had a somewhat loose connection and the screen would periodically back out for a fraction of a second. I fixed this by switching ports and now it is fine.
This is an excellent TV that I highly recommend. It's very interesting, also, that five years ago, when I bought my first flat screen HD TV, a 26", I paid about $250 more than I just paid for this TV on Amazon. Go figure.
The HD picture is nothing short of astounding. Really beautiful, sharp, clear, vibrant. Watching nature shows and movies on this set is a revelation. Movies look fabulous, and in my apartment-sized living room, the size of the screen makes you feel like you're in a screening room. I will have very little need to ever pay movie theater ticket prices again.
The one glitch so far is that I can't seem to get the streaming services (Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon) to play through the sound system. I suspect that I will need to get on line with Sony customer service to fix this. Also, one of my HDMI ports had a somewhat loose connection and the screen would periodically back out for a fraction of a second. I fixed this by switching ports and now it is fine.
This is an excellent TV that I highly recommend. It's very interesting, also, that five years ago, when I bought my first flat screen HD TV, a 26", I paid about $250 more than I just paid for this TV on Amazon. Go figure.
Check Prices & Learn more for
Sony BRAVIA EX523 Series KDL46EX523 46 Inch 1080p LED HDTV with Integrated WiFi
*** Product Information and Review : Oct 3, 2011