Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Panasonic VIERA TC-L37E3 37-Inch 1080p LED HDTV

Panasonic VIERA TC-L37E3 37-Inch 1080p LED HDTV Review

          I received this about a week ago. It was given to me by the company I work for, for an anniversary present. Since I'm not much of an gadget person anymore, I didn't really care what it was, it was free after all.
          It has been working great. Setup took about 20 minutes, and I was impressed that with the high quality workmanship. All tv's I've seen in the past have been made of plastic, this one was a real surprise.
Since I haven't had cable for 14 years, saving me thousands of dollars, I can't comment on that kind of reception. However, since this tv has a decoder in it, it found 23 free channels, and it did it with the antenna resting on the carpet, rabbit ears to us older folks.
          The picture is crystal clear.
          Would be happier with larger, louder speakers. My old home theater system does not allow for the new and improved I'm told HDMI hookups.
So, now I have the opportunity to spend thousands more for updated AV components, which I have no intention of doing. So, I'll never be able to use all the functions this tv has, but as a tv, it's the best one I've ever owned.
          To use my old Pioneer AV equipment, I must go through the existing setup, and use the signal from the settop digital box the government GAVE me for $50. All because of a single cable which is not compatible with OLD audio equipment that still works great. Not a big issue, but one that makes the decoder in the tv a big waste of resources.
          The pc hookup is also of no use to me. It found my laptop, but didn't know what to do with it. The SD card thingy is cute, tried it out just to see if it worked, it did.
          The only thing that would hook directly to this tv, is my DVD player. The rest had to use the ganged up method, and ran through the coaxial cable. But, they all still work.
          A nice tv, nice picture, nice sound even if low, pretty to look at, high quality workmanship, and free.
          Can't ask for more.
          Sorry if my review seems lackluster. It's just that for us old stoneage 50 year olds, it takes an awful lot to impress us, and be cheap too.
          I do recommend this tv.

Check Prices & Learn more for
 Panasonic VIERA TC-L37E3 37-Inch 1080p LED HDTV

*** Product Information and Review : Sep 14, 2011