Thursday, September 29, 2011

Sony BRAVIA KDL55NX720 55-inch 1080p 3D LED HDTV with Built-in WiFi

Sony BRAVIA KDL55NX720 55-inch 1080p 3D LED HDTV with Built-in WiFi

Sony BRAVIA KDL55NX720 55-inch 1080p 3D LED HDTV with Built-in WiFi Features

  • Brilliant Full HD (1080p) picture quality for 2D & 3D
  • 55-inch display with full HD (1080p) 2D/3D picture (1920 x 1080 native panel resolution)
  • Dynamic Edge LED backlight with local dimming for incredible contrast, slim design, and energy efficiency
  • Experience smooth and precise motion detail during fast-action video with Motionflow XR 240 technology
  • Wireless BRAVIA Internet TV and Widgets for a wide variety of streaming media and other Internet content
  • And sleek "monolithic" OptiContrast panel with Corning Gorilla Glass

Sony BRAVIA KDL55NX720 55-inch 1080p 3D LED HDTV with Built-in WiFi Review

I am extraordinarily pleased with this purchase. I replaced a 12 year old Pioneer Elite 62" rear projection HDTV that was too old to support HDMI. It had an incredible picture for most of it's life but was starting to dim and the convergence was going away. The Sony's picture quality is just superb. The contrast is as good as most of the plasmas I looked at. The Gorilla Glass really makes a difference. It has the nice glossy look but no glare. It is far better in this regard than my Pioneer was. I still can't believe how thin it is when I walk past it. The off-angle viewing is really good as well. I've read that LCDs struggle in that area but I can't tell with this one.

I have an older Onkyo home theater receiver and I opted to connect all my HDMI sources (PS3, XBOX 360, Cable, Apple TV) to the TV and ran optical digital audio to the Onkyo. It just worked. My Logitech Harmony One controller had no issues controlling it.

The price really sealed the deal. At most places I looked the price was $750 higher than what I paid. I was worried about buying a TV online but the delivery was uneventful.

Check Prices & Learn more for
 Sony BRAVIA KDL55NX720 55-inch 1080p 3D LED HDTV with Built-in WiFi

*** Product Information and Review : Sep 29, 2011