Sony BRAVIA EX620 Series KDL40EX620 40 Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED HDTV Review
I have been a faithful fan to the line of Sony Bravia TV's for a while. This will make my third Bravia, but my first LED. The other two(55" & 47") are an LCD. I did have the requirement of a motion processor (120HZ) in all TVs. It is a must for me. I like my action movies, gaming & sports. This is my first week with the 40" LED. Picture quality? I am not sure yet. Right now my LCD TVs produce a nicer picture. Factory settings on the new LED seem to make the picture dark. Yes, I am playing with settings all the time. I have HD cable service and usually a good test station to see the quality of picture your television can produce is by watching National Geo or a news station channel. Those two stations always produce a good picture. Not this time for some reason. Right now, I am kind of bummed out that my LCD TVs are producing a nicer picture then this LED. Maybe, I just have not found that sweet spot on the settings yet.
Speakers/Audio - My LCD TVs unfortunately have better sound then this slim line LED. The slimmer they make these TVs the quality of sound decreases. Speaker technology can not keep up in making a speaker that small capable of producing a nice sound. Will not happen for a while. So, invest in a nice home sound system. I am using the Bose 3-2-1 sound system, not a high end system ($800.00) but a nice sounding system with my 55" Bravia. The Bravia LCD produces an awesome picture when playing a DVD or Blue Ray DVD movie. With the Bose sound system fired up too(and Bose is known for the quality of sound that their systems can produce)the tanks clunking through Private Ryan and Band of Brothers feel like there coming through the living room wall. It is AWESOME. Got to love it. I like my Bravia LCDs a lot. I believe in the Sony Bravia TVs and I guess I will just have to play with the new LED for a while longer before I come to a final conclusion on the LED.
Well, after a week or so of playing with the settings and getting use to the LED compared to the LCD. I would have to say that the Sony Bravia LED does produce an outstanding high clarity picture. It is so clear that it is almost weird. You know how the soap opera shows look like they are being filmed on a set/stage. Well, the clarity to this television makes the night time shows look like that too. Nice television, nice clarity, speaker system bites, but they all do right now. Unless, your plugged into an external sound system. Just weird to see the difference in clarity between an LED & a LCD.
Speakers/Audio - My LCD TVs unfortunately have better sound then this slim line LED. The slimmer they make these TVs the quality of sound decreases. Speaker technology can not keep up in making a speaker that small capable of producing a nice sound. Will not happen for a while. So, invest in a nice home sound system. I am using the Bose 3-2-1 sound system, not a high end system ($800.00) but a nice sounding system with my 55" Bravia. The Bravia LCD produces an awesome picture when playing a DVD or Blue Ray DVD movie. With the Bose sound system fired up too(and Bose is known for the quality of sound that their systems can produce)the tanks clunking through Private Ryan and Band of Brothers feel like there coming through the living room wall. It is AWESOME. Got to love it. I like my Bravia LCDs a lot. I believe in the Sony Bravia TVs and I guess I will just have to play with the new LED for a while longer before I come to a final conclusion on the LED.
Well, after a week or so of playing with the settings and getting use to the LED compared to the LCD. I would have to say that the Sony Bravia LED does produce an outstanding high clarity picture. It is so clear that it is almost weird. You know how the soap opera shows look like they are being filmed on a set/stage. Well, the clarity to this television makes the night time shows look like that too. Nice television, nice clarity, speaker system bites, but they all do right now. Unless, your plugged into an external sound system. Just weird to see the difference in clarity between an LED & a LCD.
Sony BRAVIA EX620 Series KDL40EX620 40 Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED HDTV Features
- 40-inch display with full HD (1080p) picture quality (1920 x 1080 native panel resolution)
- LED backlighting for incredible contrast, slim design, and energy efficiency
- Sony's X-Reality Engine sharpens images for a clear, vivid, life-like picture
- Internet TV for wide variety of streaming media and other Internet content
- Experience smooth motion detail and clarity with Motionflow 120 technology
Check Prices & Learn more for
Sony BRAVIA EX620 Series KDL40EX620 40 Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED HDTV
*** Product Information and Review : Oct 12, 2011