Sony BRAVIA EX523 Series KDL40EX523 40 Inch 1080p LED HDTV with Integrated WiFi Features
- 40-inch display with full HD (1080p) picture quality (1920 x 1080 native panel resolution)
- LED backlighting for incredible contrast, slim design, and energy efficiency
- Sony's X-Reality Engine sharpens images for a clear, vivid, life-like picture
- Wireless Internet TV for wide variety of streaming media and other Internet content
- Eco-friendly features including power-saving motion sensors
Sony BRAVIA EX523 Series KDL40EX523 40 Inch 1080p LED HDTV with Integrated WiFi Review
I read all the other reviews but I got this TV as a "no hassle warantee replacement" for another Sony that had a panel go out on me. The difference between my old one and this is that this one has Edge LED Backlight and internet connectivity. Because I read the previous reviews, I was prepared before the set arrived. I bought a CAT 7 LAN cable in case I had to hardwire it, but I wanted to try wireless first. The wireless works great for me, but then I have a Linksys maximum performance dual band N router. The TV uses the 5.1ghz band while my computers and printers use the 2.4ghz band simultaneously. I set the router up first with WPA-2 security and my chosen SSID and Security key. DO NOT use the WPS setup even though this router has the capability. What happens when you do, is the router generates a random set of security keys and then you have to go back and reconfigure all your other stuff so they will work. Choose the manual configuration and scan for and select your network SSID, then input your preset security key. Boom - Done. My cable modem and router are in a stand with my cable box, dvd, blu-ray, etc. about 3' below the wall mounted TV. So far the streaming movies work well, and I would not expect then to all be free. I bought the router and Sony Wireless LAN adapter refurbished and saved a chunk of money. I do this frequently because they are TWICE BAKED as far as factory inspections go.
I also was disappointed with the sound at first, but I went to the sound setup and selected the surround sound feature and adjusted the treble - bass so everything became clear as a bell. Best TV sound I ever had. I also have some Sony wireless headsets that have built in DTS and Dolby Digital decoders.
What can I say about the picture. Nothing bad, but I do take the time to go through the entire setup procedures and tweak everything the way I like.
I will agree that the wireless LAN adapter is overpriced, but that what Sony does.
I haven't tried connecting my computer to it yet, but I have ordered a 15' HDMI cable that I will use to try.
The split screen feature is the best I have ever used.
I also was disappointed with the sound at first, but I went to the sound setup and selected the surround sound feature and adjusted the treble - bass so everything became clear as a bell. Best TV sound I ever had. I also have some Sony wireless headsets that have built in DTS and Dolby Digital decoders.
What can I say about the picture. Nothing bad, but I do take the time to go through the entire setup procedures and tweak everything the way I like.
I will agree that the wireless LAN adapter is overpriced, but that what Sony does.
I haven't tried connecting my computer to it yet, but I have ordered a 15' HDMI cable that I will use to try.
The split screen feature is the best I have ever used.
Check Prices & Learn more for
Sony BRAVIA EX523 Series KDL40EX523 40 Inch 1080p LED HDTV with Integrated WiFi
*** Product Information and Review : Oct 2, 2011